Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Assignment #6: CSUMB Poets in Celebration of Social Justice

The event, Poets in Celebration of Social Justice was really great. I had heard about the event from both Estella and my professor for Transnational Migrations, Maria Villasenor. I am currently taking 18 units this semester, as well as working as much as I can. Needless to say, I don't make it to that many campus events. However, I made it to this one, and am really happy that I did.

The event was held in the University Ballroom, where three poets were invited for a poetry reading. I personally have never attended a poetry reading, and I really enjoyed myself. The speakers were so powerful, and their poems were very beautiful. It was inspiring to hear such passion, and the events that have affected these individuals, as well as their people. It was truly a wonderful event, and if any of you have time, you should attend such events.

No comments:

Post a Comment